Newcommer

General discussion related to Steam Game Covers.
RedAether

Newcommer

Post by RedAether »

Greetings everyone,

I'm new to the BoxArt community and also new to this website !

I'm looking to make my whole Steam library but in physical version, that's how I found this site.

Sadly, the way artists here make their covers looks too "serious" to my tastes, by having the ESRB showing, the way too huge steam banner and too much text overall. That's why I tried my hands at making my own "style" with the template from this website.

I saw that we can't post whatever we like here since there are rules that prevents it, so I'm coming in here to show my first test and see if it's accepted or not.

Here's a small trivia :
Background image from the back is one of the wallpaper from the game on steam
the little icon in the middle at the bottom is the badge at level 5 of the game on steam
front cover is a fanart (credit to the artist)
back images are all screenshots from the game

Even if it's not accepted, i'd like to know what you guys think about it, maybe how to improve it as well.

Thanks for reading this far ~
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Re: Newcommer

Post by PieMonster »

Hi @RedAether, welcome to the site.

I personally am not a fan of minimalist art, but to each his own. I prefer company logos and ESRB ratings. Besides that, your cover looks great and would be welcome on this site using an unedited template.

In order to upload a cover to this site, you have to use an unedited template. What I would recommend is that you create 2 versions of your covers. One that uses an unedited template that you upload here and share with others. And another with an edited template that you keep in your own personal collection and don't upload.

Hope this clears things up.

8-)
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
calculon559

Post by calculon559 »

It's not the type of covers we normally get here, but as long as you use the correct template, they are acceptable.

I should know, I've done it a couple of times...
http://www.steamgamecovers.com/covers/doom/3786
http://www.steamgamecovers.com/covers/no-mans-sky/3959
[These are old covers, hence the old template, plz use the latest one]
RedAether

Post by RedAether »

Alright, I won't upload my versions then :/

the ones you made for Doom and NMS are beautiful, I really like these, but also doesn't show much of the game too.

One of the purpose of making a physical collection is to show people what games I have and, sadly, most of my friends are playing only the AAAs, so it's nice to showcase some unknown gems to them with some amazing art on the box and some screenshots to know what this game is about (without using any text).

It's also for me, since I have way too much games and in order to know which one i'd like to play, I need an engaging box art.