Steam Game Cover has been removed?

General discussion related to Steam Game Covers.
DarkXess

Steam Game Cover has been removed?

Post by DarkXess »

Hey guys, I just got an email saying about my latest upload that wasn't validated yet which I believe is the (Rage 2) one has been removed, but how come? I didn't break any rules from what I can see:

1. Inappropriate content – nudity, swearing, or otherwise offensive will cause your cover to removed.
2. Stealing from other creators – if you are uploading a custom made cover, then it must be of your own creation. Or you must have permission from the original creator to convert and upload it. You can type this information in the cover's description along with a link the to the original cover.
3. Low quality – our templates are created at 300dpi professional print quality. A lot of the images you find on the internet are far lower than that and thus look blurry when converted to our template. If you are confused or have questions about resolution and print quality then please ask in our forums.
4. Requested removal from copyright owner – Steam Game Covers does not own any of the game images on this site. They are owned by various game companies. If a game company requests that I remove their property from the site then I have no choice but to obey. To this date no game company has ever requested that I remove a cover.

On the email it says (This game does not have Steam store page. Please wait until it is available for purchase or pre-order from Steam) but that isn't a rule that you guys have set no?

Just wondering as if that is the problem then maybe you should add it to your rules set as I didn't know, and if so I won't add uploads in future of unreleased or non-steam page (yet) until its released.

PieMonster
SGC Admin

Re: Steam Game Cover has been removed?

Post by PieMonster »

Technically, your cover was never approved and therefore never removed. It never existed in the first place. :?

Seriously though, it's actually in the Readme file included with the templates you download. You can only create covers that are available for purchase or pre-order on Steam. Just because you think a game may be coming to Steam doesn't mean you can submit a cover for it. Maybe I should get it up on the FAQ as well.

:ugeek:
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
DarkXess

Re: Steam Game Cover has been removed?

Post by DarkXess »

haha that's my bad then, I never read the (readme) though I wasn't sure if it was anything else other than it being not on steam yet. Anyways duly noted, I will remember next time, thanks guys :)