Origin Template?

General discussion related to Steam Game Covers.
raisedbyflames

Origin Template?

Post by raisedbyflames »

ive got over 100 games on steam but im not that loyal i just buy were i can get the best cheapest deal so in doing this ive got a good few games through origin and ive began backing them up was wondering if theirs any interest in a origin template
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Re: Origin Template?

Post by PieMonster »

If we start an Origin section of the site then we'll need to start a GOG.com section as well. And GFWL, and a GamersGate, and Green Man Gaming, and Impulse, etc... I actually wouldn't mind expanding the site to include other download stores but we're just not getting the kind of traffic here to justify it. Sorry.

Also, does Origin allow you to make "disc" backup of your games? If not then there really isn't any point in making a template at all.

:?:
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
Razec

Post by Razec »

PieMonster has a point.

I wish we could get more people to contribute and talk about this site.

While Origin doesn't let you backup games to disc, like Steam does with making the steambackup.exe file, but even Valve/Steam is slacking with the games that can backup in that manner.

With recent updates from this year, they took away that ability from a good majority of games. Unless anyone can verify otherwise, but I have sent Valve many messages about bring back their old form of backups, and the only response I continue to get is to copy the game folder and any other files in the steamapps folder with the name.

Luckily I backed up quite a few games when I had them to disk.

I have 6 Origin games backed up on a separate hard drive and move them to my main SSD when I want to play them, for instance BF3. Origin has the similar instance where you can move folders, and do a repair install to verify the files, which does it quite speedily.

Also GreenMangaming uses Steam based games, GOG.com actually has a laundry list of game covers from their site which I use and modify, and Games For Windows Lives games have their own covers. It would actually be nice to have those separately.

In my eyes GOG is separate from everything. GMG, GamersGate, Impulse, do offer games, but what game isn't tied to Steam nowadays. Keep it simple and stick to this. Or just get an original cover scan if you'd like.
raisedbyflames

Post by raisedbyflames »

origin is the only service that comes close to steam not anywhere near it yet though. i backed up my origin game made multipart rars to reinstall the game you need to start the download on origin pause then switch the program off then move the folder over or unpack in my case overwriting existing files works well. You do point when i comes to other download services but i cant see many EA games coming to steam in the future and they are some of the best ones to come out.
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Post by PieMonster »

@raisedbyflames I just installed my first Origin game yesterday - Syndicate PC. If you want I can create an Origin "top" and then you can slap it on top of one of our template using any image editing software. I'll post it here in the forums and it won't be "official" so please don't start submitting covers using it.

;)
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
raisedbyflames

Post by raisedbyflames »

i made one but it needs some work was just thinking about making some covers for myself because all the frostbite engine games are 10 to 20 gb. do you think it should be black with orange stripe or white with orange stripe?
raisedbyflames

Post by raisedbyflames »

done a quick cover based on the the steam dvd case template im thinking white might look better than black

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/mohwfle.jpg/
Maxell_Rus

Post by Maxell_Rus »

PieMonster wrote:@raisedbyflames I just installed my first Origin game yesterday - Syndicate PC. If you want I can create an Origin "top" and then you can slap it on top of one of our template using any image editing software. I'll post it here in the forums and it won't be "official" so please don't start submitting covers using it.

;)
Hi ! You create origin theme ? I need covers 3 origin games (Battlefield 1, Battlefield V, Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PC DVD-BOX)), i came to your site for help, but I do not know where to write :cry: