How to print covers in real size

User tutorials or work in progress related to disc labels/covers.
Diabolic

How to print covers in real size

Post by Diabolic »

How i can print covers in real size using windows 10? I tried to print some covers using the printing tool of W10 but the size are wrong, so I think that I need a specific program... any suggestions?
Thanks.
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Re: How to print covers in real size

Post by PieMonster »

Hello @Diabolic,

I've noticed a few problems when printing covers using the Windows dialogue as well. Windows tries to resize the art to make it fit on your paper. I don't recommend using the basic Windows print dialogue. Instead, use whatever printing software that comes with your printer. You have more control over the size and color. Hope this helps.

;)
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
CaptainGaptooth

Post by CaptainGaptooth »

I was having the same issue, and couldn't find any solutions here in the forums. I ended up just resizing them to 99% in Photoshop and they fit almost perfectly(I might experiment with 98.5%, as they are a tad too long and hang out of the plastic slightly). I've only attempted this with the DVD-sized covers though. I hope this can be useful as well.
Razec

Post by Razec »

What kind of paper do you guys use?

I've been using glossy brochure paper and while it gives me amazing results. Its pretty thick. I can never find a thin, good quality, glossy paper to print my covers.
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Post by PieMonster »

Razec wrote:What kind of paper do you guys use?

I've been using glossy brochure paper and while it gives me amazing results. Its pretty thick. I can never find a thin, good quality, glossy paper to print my covers.
I've been using Glossy Photo Paper for my case covers. It is a little thick but it looks really professional when printed out.

8-)
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/