PEGI vs ESRB

General discussion related to Steam Game Covers.
Nephilim983

PEGI vs ESRB

Post by Nephilim983 »

Hi guys
If you like covers that I make, I have to explain rating systems. I'm from Europe, and it's relatively logical that covers that I make will have PEGI ratings. So, if you want my cover but with ESRB ratings, just let me know either by commenting on a cover you want, or sending me a PM with a link of a cover here on forum. It's around 5 minutes editing for me so you could have your cover the same day (ok, depends on a time zone).

Notice: I wont do the entire set by default, I'll do only covers that have request for ESRB to minimize duplicate covers.

PieMonster
SGC Admin

Re: PEGI vs ESRB

Post by PieMonster »

I'm in love with your Mortal Kombat covers. I'm going to request ESRB versions of the following:

-jewel front
-jewel back
-disc 1
-disc 2

I'm assuming you have the game (I don't... yet; waiting for the next sale). How big is the backup? Does it all fit on 2 discs?

:D
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
Nephilim983

Post by Nephilim983 »

Backup is on 2 single layer DVD's (I usually use them, that's the one Steam uses as DVD default size). In size, it's 8.5 GB...I'll get ESRB version ready and upload them ;)
Nephilim983

Post by Nephilim983 »

@PieMonster
ESRB Mortal Kombat Jewel case (Front and Back) and Disc plates are up :)
Razec

Post by Razec »

No, if you can make all your covers with ESRB ratings as well. They are pretty great covers and you are the only one that is producing some really great quality stuff here.

So if you could please upload them as well, or at least upload them elsewhere and give links to it.
Nephilim983

Post by Nephilim983 »

@Razec
Thank you for your comment, it means a lot to me to know that people like what I've done and that I've done it good...but, I don't think that mine are the only good ones. Kexikus , Viper_Bravo, PieMaster and a lot of others have really great covers.

I wont upload my covers elsewhere, I want this community to grow. I can upload them here, but have to warn you and others, only my Tomb Raider set have 23 covers, double that it's 46 all look alike with small difference. That can be a mess until you turn on filter for rating system. That's why I've done ESRB only for covers that have request.

...I'll prepare my covers for ESRB and upload them in the next few days.
Razec

Post by Razec »

@Nephilim983

Yes I know. I wish more artist would come here. I love this website, I just wish it had more content. I also wish I had the skills you guys have because what you all do is extremely great. And I actually use all this stuff. I'll take some pictures of my printed DVDs. I went as far as buying an all in one printer with a disc hub, and Verbatim Aquaace DVDs to get the best quality of my printed DVDs.

I was trying all methods, I have packs of Memorex Disc Labels and other company labels, and even different papers to try and get the cover art as close to the real thing. I've perfected the disc labels with the above method, but can't and haven't found the best method to print cover art for my backups, so if anyone has recommendations, please let me know.

But again, I would like to thank you and all the other great contributors of this website.
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Post by PieMonster »

Thanks for your commitment to this site @Nephilim983. You are truly one of the best artists ever to have joined this site; even better than myself.

@Razec I would love to see some of these discs you've made. They sound epic. Get us some pics!

:lol:
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
Nephilim983

Post by Nephilim983 »

@Razec
I agree, we need more uploaders here...but dude, I think you're underselling yourself. You have great covers too, so you have the skills ;) If you like making covers, you should do it :)

@PieMonster
Thanks :) I just like to make covers for games, t's like natural prozac for me, and this site have a lot of potentials ;)
Kexikus

Post by Kexikus »

I was wondering if it were possible to merge the same upload with different rating systems into one file, adding more than one download button.
That would make the page less cluttered with duplications and well, it feels weird to upload the same cover twice...
I have no idea how much work that'd be but I thought I'd mention it.

And in general: If anyone needs an ESRB version of one of my covers, just post a comment.