Some Suggestions and a Hello

Have a cover you want that we don't have? Request them here.
AustNerevar

Re: Some Suggestions and a Hello

Post by AustNerevar »

Okay. Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'll definitely be producing at least a few covers if I think they're any good. Unfortunately, first I need to make sure my backups actually work. I seem to be having trouble restoring from them. :[
AustNerevar

Post by AustNerevar »

By the way, is it okay to submit a cover that is a modification of someone else's work? I really liked one of the Portal covers, but it had the PEGI rating instead of the ESRB. So I made an ESRB version for myself. I thought some American users might appreciate an ESRB version as well, so is it alright to submit that or do I need to contact that creator?
Kexikus

Post by Kexikus »

The usual way to do this would be to ask the author to make an alternate version ;)
I guess you're talking about one of my covers, since it's the only PEGI Portal cover and I'd prefer to make and upload the ESRB version myself, if that's really the cover you mean.
AustNerevar

Post by AustNerevar »

The one I'm speaking of is the white cover and the 02 on the front, like you see in the test chambers in the game. I really loved all of the covers for Portal 2 and I had trouble choosing one!

I simply just edited the rating for personal use and had the thought later that maybe I should bring it up here. I didn't want to request that someone make an ESRB version just for me, as I'm new here and it was a simple thing I could do for myself. I didn't want to appear demanding or pushy, having just found this place and joined. Sorry if what I asked was out of line, was just a thought I had.

I love the work you guys do!
Kexikus

Post by Kexikus »

No problem.
It's obviously no problem to edit the cover for yourself but I think you should ask the author of the cover (http://www.steamgamecovers.com/covers/portal-2 this one?) before you reupload it, even if it's on this website.
And I don't you'd appear demanding, just because you asked for an ESRB or jewel case version or whatever ;) I can tell you that PieMonster does the latter all the time :D
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Post by PieMonster »

Kexikus wrote:I can tell you that PieMonster does the latter all the time :D
;)
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
AustNerevar

Post by AustNerevar »

Kexikus wrote:No problem.
It's obviously no problem to edit the cover for yourself but I think you should ask the author of the cover (http://www.steamgamecovers.com/covers/portal-2 this one?) before you reupload it, even if it's on this website.
And I don't you'd appear demanding, just because you asked for an ESRB or jewel case version or whatever ;) I can tell you that PieMonster does the latter all the time :D

I don't think you linked to one of the covers, but the one I've been talking about was created by Mub. I probably won't worry about asking him if I should submit it as it's a small change and if anyone wants it, they can either ask him to create an ESRB version or do it theirselves. It would feel weird submitting such a small change, anyway.

I finished my cover and disc for Morrowind after searching around for some inspiration; and I just submitted it a few minutes ago. I'm having significantly more trouble being satisfied with my cover for realMyst and I don't even know where to start with Baldur's Gate Enhanced, but hopefully I can produce something more than just the Morrowind cover that I deem worthy of being on this site. Some of these covers are quite amazing, honestly, guys.
Kexikus

Post by Kexikus »

Wrong link, ups :D But I meant the one by Mub.
AustNerevar

Post by AustNerevar »

I also just realized that the Portal 1 cover that I edited for myself was yours. I kinda forgot about Portal 1, or I got the two games mixed up. I love the one you did for Portal 1 and the cover for Portal 2 matches it, almost perfectly!
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Post by PieMonster »

AustNerevar wrote:
I finished my cover and disc for Morrowind after searching around for some inspiration; and I just submitted it a few minutes ago.
About those covers, I had to remove them because the templates were edited. Don't resize them or edit out any of the text. That legal stuff is there for a reason.

:ugeek:
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/