online cover store

Post any suggestions or ideas for Steam Game Covers here.
nightgamer101

online cover store

Post by nightgamer101 »

whould it be possible for the website to sell the dvd covers in high quality?
and with the dvd in it only empty that you only got it with coverart sothat you can burn it yourself?

i always got trouble making the dvd stickers for it with that it isnt line right or there is a pocket of air in it
Duke

Re: online cover store

Post by Duke »

I take it you mean printed covers. I'm not sure it's a good idea and I'm not sure it's legal.
nightgamer101

Post by nightgamer101 »

http://www.customgamecases.com/ does it and he is doing fine with it
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Post by PieMonster »

That's a great suggestion but I don't know if there are any legal issues involved. How would that even work? For example, you say you want a cover for Portal 2. Steam Game Covers prints out a disc and case and mails it to you, correct? To avoid legal issues, you would be paying for the cost of materials and shipping. Not the actual artwork itself. What would that be worth to you? $10? $20? Probably more than the cost of the game on Steam. What about overseas shipping? Steam Game Covers is based in Los Angeles. A lot of our traffic comes out of Europe. Also, what if you request a game that the people at Steam Game Covers don't own? Do you get shipped a blank disc and burn your own copy at home once you get it?

There are so many variables, that I don't know how possible it is to make this happen. I'll look into it though. The key thing to consider here is how much are you willing to spend per disc?

:ugeek:
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
Duke

Post by Duke »

PieMonster wrote:To avoid legal issues, you would be paying for the cost of materials and shipping. Not the actual artwork itself. What would that be worth to you? $10? $20? Probably more than the cost of the game on Steam.
For sure it would be more expensive, especially more than older games. However, if the boxes were for series collections, such as a Doom 1 - 3 pack or for Steam bundles, such as the id Complete pack, it would be more value for money. That being said, most of our covers are for singular games and it would be pointless to change that.

Perhaps what we should do is make clearer how users are supposed to print it, what size it should be and so forth.