SD card templates

Post any suggestions or ideas for Steam Game Covers here.
Duke

SD card templates

Post by Duke »

DVD covers and disc cases are brilliant and work perfectly for smaller games. However, for games like Doom and Rage and so forth, they are woefully too small and too many backup discs would be needed. On the other hand, SD cards can hold up to 64 GB of data, which should be enough to backup many games on one card. Does anyone think it would be worthwhile to create steam backup labels for SD cards?
calculon559

Re: SD card templates

Post by calculon559 »

Interesting concept. Not sure it has enough appeal, though.
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Post by PieMonster »

That is an unusual but interesting request. I think there are too many variable against it. I was able to find a general template online for the labels but does that cover every SD card type? It's so small there's barely enough room for the Steam logo and the game logo. Forget about making any art. What about Micro SD cards? They seem to more popular these days and they're even smaller. Good suggestion but I don't think this is going to happen.

:ugeek:
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
Duke

Post by Duke »

PieMonster wrote:That is an unusual but interesting request. I think there are too many variable against it... What about Micro SD cards?
I suppose that if we were to do it, we would do it as a standard size and allow Micro SD adapters.
PieMonster wrote:It's so small there's barely enough room for the Steam logo and the game logo.
The cards for the Nintendo Switch seem quite small (I don't know the comparative size to an SD) and they have a degree of artwork, obviously quite minimal (such as that for Doom). I think it would be possible but not elaborate, perhaps just the game logo and a little band up the top that says "Steam backup" or something of the sort, even if it does not have the logo.

Nonetheless, I defer to the more experienced cover designers who know what is feasible.

EDIT: Bluray works much better.
riversgame

Post by riversgame »

You can use BD-DL (50GB) or BDXL (100GB) Blu-ray disc copy, which is the best solution. :D
Duke wrote:DVD covers and disc cases are brilliant and work perfectly for smaller games. However, for games like Doom and Rage and so forth, they are woefully too small and too many backup discs would be needed. On the other hand, SD cards can hold up to 64 GB of data, which should be enough to backup many games on one card. Does anyone think it would be worthwhile to create steam backup labels for SD cards?