Software

General discussion related to Steam Game Covers.
Nezph

Software

Post by Nezph »

So just kind of a general question:
What image software do you use?

I use Pixlr Editor (don't laugh) mostly because I don't have Photoshop running atm.
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Re: Software

Post by PieMonster »

I use Photoshop myself and (vary rarely) Illustrator.

;)
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
Nephilim983

Post by Nephilim983 »

I use Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw for the vector side of design.
m4c1990

Post by m4c1990 »

You can use Photoshop for 1500 bucks. But seriously 99% of Photoshop users just stole it xD

I use GIMP.
Nephilim983

Post by Nephilim983 »

My god, you really just guessed that price and assumed everybody is a thief... that's more than price for entire creative suite 6...and now you can just "rent" CC aps that you really use for a small amount per month...i spend more on coffee per month than on photoshop alone
Nezph

Post by Nezph »

I have photoshop and I love it. Just due to my computer, I can't get it running
Razec

Post by Razec »

Nephilim983 wrote:My god, you really just guessed that price and assumed everybody is a thief... that's more than price for entire creative suite 6...and now you can just "rent" CC aps that you really use for a small amount per month...i spend more on coffee per month than on photoshop alone
Before Adobe introduced their Creative Cloud suite, Photoshop and their other software was fairly expensive.

$1500 is actually less then what the price of CS6 Master Collection was originally. You could get certain sets and bundles depending what "suite" you went with, but it was still rather expensive.

Though the introduction of CC has made it more accessible for many people.
Nezph

Post by Nezph »

Well I now have photoshop all nice and working! I should now be pumping out some covers
8-)
Razec

Post by Razec »

Nezph wrote:Well I now have photoshop all nice and working! I should now be pumping out some covers
8-)
Keep them coming. I appreciate everyone's talented work here. Wish more designers would jump on board.
Nezph

Post by Nezph »

Razec wrote: Keep them coming. I appreciate everyone's talented work here. Wish more designers would jump on board.
Don't we all wish that? But good news in that, my art rate is now 1-2 Case(s) and Disk(s) per day (due to my schedule)