Thief (2014)

Have a cover you want that we don't have? Request them here.
Kexikus

Re: Thief (2014)

Post by Kexikus »

Yeah, Uplay is that bad. It might be possible to backup the installation files but I think even that doesn't work.
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Post by PieMonster »

I own about 10 uPlay games - most I have retail copies of. Watch_Dogs was a digital download that came with my graphics card. It's like a 14GB download that automatically deletes the installer after the game is installed with no prompt or option to turn that off. Backing up the installed game files is of no use either. uPlay refuses the acknowledge them.

:x
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
Nephilim983

Post by Nephilim983 »

That su***...I guess I'm lucky in that way, if it's not Prince of Persia or ubiart game i'm not that interested in Ubisoft games
Kexikus

Post by Kexikus »

I recently found out that it is actually possible to backup Uplay games, but it's certainly not intended this way.
What you have to do is to download the game until it's almost done, then you stop the download, go to the folder the game is installed in and create a backup the folder uplay_download. And when you want to reinstall the game some day, you start the download, stop it, exit Uplay and replace the uplay_download folder with the one you created as backup earlier. After restarting Uplay, it should recognize the almost completed download and only continue to download the rest.
Certainly not the best way but it works if your download speed is low and you don't want to download your games twice.
negativzeroe

Post by negativzeroe »

Just wanted to point out that the Witcher 3 is going to require 60GB of space :lol:
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Post by PieMonster »

negativzeroe wrote:Just wanted to point out that the Witcher 3 is going to require 60GB of space :lol:
Where did you get this information from? It's not on the Steam page. The game is still 3 months away (if it doesn't get delayed again) so I doubt the specs are final.

:geek:
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
Nephilim983

Post by Nephilim983 »

...yeah they may change, plus, CD Project Red official website listed system requirements with 40GB free space
Maxell_Rus

Post by Maxell_Rus »

Nephilim983 wrote:My god, that is a Godzilla among PC games :shock:
Thanks for the warning, i wanted that game :)

ok, will do chief... as soon as i finish I'll upload ;)
Hi you can help me on read game covers ? I print this cover for my collection, I do not want that on them was not the text and icon "STEAM backup disc" :)