Xbox One Controller

Anything gaming related that is not specifically related to Steam.
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Xbox One Controller

Post by PieMonster »

So, I got an Xbox One controller for Windows over Christmas to upgrade/replace my Xbox 360 controller. Overall I really like it more than my old 360. The grips feel smaller and more contoured to my hand. The analog sticks have less resistance and the treaded knobs feel really good. I also like the softer triggers that don't squeak when I pull them.

If there's one thing that I hate about the Xbox One controller it's that the Guide button on the top of the controller lights up too brightly. If you're playing in a darkened room it feels like there's a flashlight shining in your face. I thought about putting tape over the light but I don't want to ruin that nice chrome finish. Also, it sucks that there is no wireless version of the controller at this time; it must be plugged in via USB. The upside to that is that you don't need batteries to use it.

Despite those flaw, the Xbox One controller is a very worthy upgrade to the 360 controller. I recommend you all get one for your PC.

:D
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
Nephilim983

Re: Xbox One Controller

Post by Nephilim983 »

...and it does look nice :)

In the hands, does it feel bigger or smaller compared to old XBox360 controller?
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Post by PieMonster »

@Nephilim983 On a 360 controller, the handgrips are more contoured so it's like you're holding a "ball" in each hand. On the Xbox One controller the handgrips are less contoured so it's more like you're holding a "pole" in each hand. I prefer the "pole" feeling.

Also, the D-pad is actually useful though not perfect. I like that it's an actual + pad and not a circle pad like the 360. It also makes a pleasant "clicky" sound when you press it. What I don't like about it is first, it's curved inwards towards the center. I prefer it flat like Nintendo's pads. Second, It's got a slippery gloss finish to it. I prefer a matte (tactile) feel.

The Xbox One is still a better controller though.

:ugeek:
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
Nephilim983

Post by Nephilim983 »

ok, that's good. I was on the fence about new controller but if it's good, I'll give it a try :)

Thanks ;)